Tags

,

Day 8: What’s your most challenging project?

Fornicating Deer Hat CommissionMy most challenging project was a hat that I made in college as a commission that I made for a friend. She picked out the colors and requested a hat made out of the fornicating deer pattern that I had made for my roommate.

The thing that made this project challenging was the fact that this was only the second hat I made using stranded colorwork and it was the first hat that I made with a folded brim instead of using ribbing on the bottom. The second challenge that came with this hat was making it on a deadline for another person instead of making it because I wanted to and then giving it to someone.

Overall, I think that it came out rather well and I am really proud of the hat. I only hope that the girl that I made the hat for still has it and it is keeping her head nice and warm.

Advertisements