I finally got done with the lace and bead section of the Hedera socks last night and I have officially started the heel flap. There were tons of little mistakes that I ended up making with the lace, but nobody can tell because for some reason this pattern is super forgiving with mistakes. Most of the mistakes were forgetting a yarn over anyway and I know how to pick up stitches to leave a hole and get back to the correct number of stitches. No matter what I do, I can’t seem to get the beads to show in pictures for this sock. They are so much prettier in person than in pictures.
The only thing I don’t like about this pattern is that the large size is on an awkward number of stitches. I have 70 stitches currently and the pattern is in a multiple of ten. It just doesn’t want to divide evenly among DPNs. Right now, I have 35 stitches on one DPN and the other stitches split up between two other needles so the pattern is centered on the instep even though I’m not going to be continuing it down the foot. I mean, it divides evenly in numbers, but in execution you have less stitches on one instep needle than the other because 35 is an odd number.
Anyway, I won’t have to worry about that until the second sock because I’m going to only be decreasing down to my normal 72 stitches during the gusset for the stockinette foot. Then the project is going back to my normal five DPN set that I knit socks with.